Sunday, October 14, 2007

Maid*Rite Music

I have two bands. This one, Maid*Rite, has just released our first EP. It is a six song CD that we had recorded back in January with Jason Hutto at his studio, Smoking Baby. At the time, we had a lovely fiddle player, Catherine Cathers. Since then she has left us for the warmer weather of Florida. Replacing her, is Jennifer McDaniel who plays clarinet, recorder, and our Maid Rite washboard.
Here we are playing at Mangia on South Grand in St. Louis. I wish I knew what the hell we were cracking up about...Anastasia Swan took this photo of us.

Instead of the usual band t-shirts, I've been making some of my Rodeo Revival wear for the band. The yoke is both decorated on the front and back--the back having the Maid*Rite name.

It's great fun to have folks come out to our shows decked in these one-of-a-kind shirts. For me, it is like seeing an old friend who's come to visit.

Cool links to check out: www.myspace.com/maidrite
www.myspace.com/anastasiaswan
www.myspace.com/mangiaitaliano

No comments: