Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Been awhile...

Gosh!  Time flies by when you are having fun--or working for a living!  I'm not much of a blogger, considering the last entry was in 2009! 

Anyhow, what have I been up to?  Let's see--Plenty of craft shows featuring the Rodeo Revival Upcycled Shirts, Kitschy pillows, Mosaic Hats and clothing for women.  

Have a few new motifs for the Rodeo Revival line.  Pictured here, is the Claddagh Hands.



Also, the pillows have jumped from the Day of the Dead designs to some Tattoo Flash!




Other things that have been keeping me busy have been a handful of wedding dresses and, of course, Opera Saint Louis. 

This past Winter, I got involved with the Off White Wedding show, and the ladies organizing the event were kind enough to feature some of my dresses.  Since then, I've been lucky enough to work with a few more brides.  Please check out the Off White Wedding page and blogs. 

Here's one featuring the dress that I built for Julie Kunkel. 

 http://offwhiteweddingshow.com/2012/01/23/featuring-a-down-home-wedding-with-all-st-louis-vendors/




Lovely Julie in the wedding dress I built for her.  Photo by JJ Lane of Belovely Photography.   

For anyone who knows me, they are used to the fact that I can't do anything with them during the Opera season which lasts from the end of March to the middle of June.  There I spend my life building all sorts of costumes, usually for the men, for the Operas in production.  Things get crazy and I don't have much of a life away from the costume shop!  If you've had the chance to see a show during the Opera Saint Louis Festival in the past five years, you've probably seen some of the costumes I helped build.

Well, just a brief update...I'll post some more fun stuff in the future!

No comments: